Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm glad to be single...

                                                                                                                           
I’m glad to be single. With everything I’ve experienced and witnessed so far, I’m thankful to be single. But I wonder if I’m really grateful or just glad that I’m not hurting anymore,  cause if I’m not hurting anymore, than that means that I’m not heartbroken anymore and if I’m not heartbroken anymore, I’m not helplessly in love anymore. So If I’m not in love, from now on I can control who I have feelings for and perhaps I won’t ever fall in love again, which will save me from my heart ever getting ripped apart ever again.
For so long, I was lost in this dream that I was waiting for someone to come into my life to follow, not only to love but to follow wherever he went, to be so subservient to his call and needs as a man, husband and father. I, his helpmate, his solace, his peace, his only, to love, hold, embrace and calm whenever the nerve would seek. But all this time, as I’ve patiently waited, if I am to have all those qualities to offer a man, why could not I solace myself?  I’ll decide to take the reigns from now on, and go wherever I please. I’ll lead my own way, and follow my own footsteps till that lucky man decides to veer me off my own pathway and carry me on his, so that I can be all that I am able to be to him.  I think that’s how it’s to work;-) I’m now content, never to be waisted on unfulfilled tears or unexpressed worries but the ones I’ll create for myself.
I’m exploring my singleness like never before. The realm of singularity has a wide range of possibility and I’m not stuck to anyone or anything but all my dreams. This is freedom, this is clarity at its fullest, and this is where I’m happy to stay for a while. Until some unveiled party comes along, enabling me to move any further as a lone agent, wanting to accompany me in all my explorations. Purposely slowing me down as children may join the journey, but who am I to complain as children are and have always been a part of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment